Wednesday, January 08, 2014

One More Thing To Look Forward To!


It's weird how things come together sometime.   A week or so ago, Stoney and I were in his kitchen ... I think he was showing me his new juicer (which is amazeballs by the way) ... and one of us brought up Drive By Truckers and how nice it would be if they came back through this year.

Today ... he texted me with the great news.  Drive By Truckers are coming to the Pageant in St. Louis on Saturday, March 29th!  Go get your tickets right now ... they put on a fun show!

If you haven't heard of them, check them out.  Here are a few of my favorite songs ...

Sink Hole
Goddamn Lonely Love
Zip City
Where the Devil Don't Stay

Ghost to Most

18 Wheels of Love

Now ... listen ... 18 Wheels of Love.  It's a weird song ... and you have to listen to the whole story at the beginning for it to make any sense.   But there's a good chance you'll walk away singing "Momma ran off with a trucker!" under your breath.   Also ... if you watch Walking Dead, listen to Sink Hole and see if you can't just imagine Darryl singing that song.  It's eerie.

Anyhow ... Avett Brothers in February and Drive By Truckers in March.  I'm telling ya ... 2014 is shaping up to be some kind of wonderful ...

So finally one day my momma
just snaps and she's standing up on
there her desk so she can have a
height advantage on him. And she's
yelling at the top of her lungs.
She says
CHESTER!!
Chester, goddammit!
Every week you fuck up your logs
when you KNOW I'm gonna catch you
and you KNOW I'm gonna bitch you out.
What gives??
And Chester looks my momma
right square in the eye and said
Jan, it's because I'm in love with you.

Drive By Truckers - 18 Wheels of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment