Monday, February 03, 2014

Feeling Happy and Blessed and Snoggily ...



Everyone has character flaws ... things they wish they could change about themselves.  I'm no different ... in fact I'm sure I have much more than most people. 

In my case, one of the myriad is that I sleep ... a lot.   Okay, so I have a good reason.  My kidneys are functioning right around 30% ... or at least they were last time I checked.  Yeah yeah yeah ... it's been six months.  I know ... the orders are waiting and I need to stop at the lab and let them draw blood to run it again.  You can't blame me for not being in a hurry to get bad news, can you?

I digress ... 30%.   My back hurts ... I tire easily.   I start out with all this energy ... and the intention of ruling the world ... only to end up crawling into bed and collapsing in a heap. 

I swear, the problem isn't me.  I understand my limitations and I've learned to work with them.  The problem is the universe.   We don't purposefully schedule a weekend packed with events.  It just happens. 

Take this weekend.  First we had family dinner on Friday ... then we went party shopping.  Saturday I spent the day doing laundry and cooking at my house while Stoney spent the day cleaning his ... then we met up in the afternoon for dinner with our friends ... and then a looooong night of trivia.  Wait ... there's more ... we haven't hit Sunday yet!

Even though we didn't get to bed until midnight Saturday ... Stoney was up and doing random chores at six on Sunday morning. Not lazy bones over here.  Nope ... I slept in until eight.   I even got up to pee ... wandered past him ... kissed him good morning ... and, despite my best intentions to put some clothes on and start the day, wound up back under a small mountain of blankets and comforters.

I should've been helping him ... but the siren song of that new bed was just too strong.  I didn't wake up until he sat on the side of the bed to get dressed to shovel the walk.  He was sweet about the whole thing ... but if anything is going to shame you into getting up?  It's knowing your boyfriend's been up for two hours and is now about to start shoveling snow while you're still in your pajamas in a cocoon of warmth.

It was a great day ... everyone had fun eating and watching the game.  Stoney's friends are always nice to me ... even when demanding more work treats.  We even watched the puppy bowl which, as always, was awesome.  In fact, it was a great weekend all the way around ... I can't complain about a single thing.  I feel very fortunate and very blessed and very loved.

Okay, so I wish I hadn't woken up this morning feeling like someone beat me with a ball bat ... but it was kind of to be expected.  I do these things ... I push and push and push ... my body gets worn down ... and I get sick.   Most everything we do is on a Friday or Saturday ... and I spend Sunday recuperating for the week ahead.  But hey ... it's Super Bowl Sunday ... not Super Bowl Saturday.

I have bought some NyQuil Severe today ... so after taking a hot shower, I'm going to lay under my heating blanket, take a shot of the giant fucking Q ... and hopefully wake up tomorrow feeling like a brand new ThirtyWhat.  Which should be just in time for Snowpocalypse Redux.  Blerg ...

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are

Bruno Mars - Just the Way You Are

1 comment: