Tuesday, February 04, 2014

I'm Just Gonna Lay Here a Bit Longer ...


Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK!

I have been at my job for just over three months.  I have not saved enough time off to be sick again.  Jesus Christ on a rubber tipped crutch.  Seriously?   It comes and it goes ... about 2:45, I remember feeling better and distinctly thinking, "Hey, I think I've passed the half-way point ... it's all downhill from here!"

Hah!

Since then, my temperature has gone up to 101 and my eyes will not stop leaking.  My eyes are so swollen ... it looks like I've spent the entire day watching Titanic on a loop.  And hey ... Puffs Plus with Lotion?  Fuck you.  Fuck you hard, Puffs.  I remember back when Plus with Lotion used to feel good on a sick nose.  Today?  It feels like I'm rubbing acid-soaked sandpaper on my nose.  It burns, people ... it burns.

In the last 24 hours, I've taken DayQuil ... I've taken NyQuil ... I've taken Zicam ... I've taken Cold-Eeze ... I've taken some kind of Tussin ... and I'm sucking on Luden's because, unlike the rest of the world, I believe in the power of pectin!  (See ... I really am a marketing whore.  Whatever you spent on that television ad all those years ago, Luden's?  Worth every penny.)

Last night, I took NyQuil Severe Formula ... and I'm not doing that again.  Does anyone want a slightly-used bottle of NyQuil?  It's 95% full?

 Beyond the main problem ... which is that I still feel like shit ... I can't do another marathon sleep session.  No joke ... I took it around 8:00 p.m. ... and before 8:30, I turned the television off and burrowed in the blankets because I realized that, at that point, I could no longer focus my eyes.  I woke up when my alarm went off ... called in sick to work ... and then proceeded to sleep off and on the rest of the day until about noon.

That's about sixteen hours.  No more.  Just ... no.

I'm hoping tomorrow I wake up and the watery eyes and the runny nose and the fever are all gone.  Keep your fingers crossed ... I'm going back to bed.  Time to self-swaddle ...


Is love so fragile
And the heart so hollow
Shatter with words
Impossible to follow
You're saying I'm fragile
I try not to be
I search only
For something
I can't see

Stevie Nicks - Leather and Lace

No comments:

Post a Comment