Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Calm Before The Storm ...


Day two of the great medication change of 2014.  I read up a little on this drug ... which might or might not have been a good idea.   The overwhelming drowsiness I'm feeling can take "a few weeks" to wear off.  I'm not going to lie ... that was disheartening.   I can see where weight loss might happen on these meds ... as I'm too damned tired to eat.

More honesty.  At lunch, I went out to the parking lot.  I moved my car to the furthest space on the back of the lot ... away from every other car.  And I slept.  I turned the heater on so not to die of hypothermia ... but I slept.  I woke up once to turn the heater down and another time to adjust myself a hair ... there isn't a lot of room to stretch out in a Toyota.   But ... as Stoney will tell you ... I like to pull myself into a ball and self swaddle.  So luckily I don't need a lot of room.

On one hand, I feel guilty sleeping in my car at lunch ... I feel like a hobo.  But ... I can't deny ... it really helped.  Hopefully I eventually won't need to pass out for sixty minutes in the middle of the day ... but for now, it helped me pull through.  I have no idea how I'm going to pull off Saturday ... I might have to skip that morning's dose just so I won't fall asleep on anyone.

So ... one more day down.  No headaches ... my arm doesn't hurt anymore ... that's good.  All good things.  If we can get this drowsiness under control, we'll be just fine.  Tomorrow after work I'll start prepping for Saturday's scrapbooking extravaganza ... and then it's awn like Donkey Kong!

At that honky tonk badonkadonk
Keepin' perfect rhythm
Make ya wanna swing along
Got it goin' on
Like Donkey Kong
And whoo-wee
Shut my mouth, slap your grandma

Trace Adkins -
Honkey Tonk Badonkadonk

No comments:

Post a Comment