Monday, March 03, 2014

Because I'm Happy ...


I hate to say it.  No, truthfully I'm afraid to say it.  But things might be getting better!

Yesterday I took my medication just as prescribed ... no skipping or stalling.  And yes ... I slept.  I did pretty well until around two, at which time I fell into a light coma.  Despite being in a deep hole, I was able to hear my phone beeping with various text messages ... but I literally couldn't wake up enough to pick up my phone and read them.

It wasn't until I heard Stoney's specific text tone around four that I woke up enough to realize that ... once again ... a 30 minute nap had morphed into a 180 minute slumber marathon.  Sadly, I've learned to roll with it.  For right now, the medicine makes me sleep ... and all I can do is try to manage my life around it.   

Fast forward ...

After my evening dose, I made it through Walking Dead ... barely.  I wanted to stay awake through Talking Dead.  Oh, how I wanted to stay awake ... just so I could tell Stoney to suck it.  I was just sure they were going to confirm that Darryl will be having a having a relationship with Beth.  I could only manage to stay awake until 9:45 ... but they were conspicuously avoiding any discussion of sweet, sweet lovin' ... so I gave up and turned the light off.  (Shhhh ... don't tell anyone I admitted it ... but my bet on Darryl's romantic proclivity is not looking good.) 

Fast forward ...

I came to work fully expecting to spend my lunch hour passed out in my car.  I've been anticipating the inevitable meeting with management.  Eventually someone is going to notice me sleeping in my car ... and they're going to assume I'm either a junkie or a hobo.  But ... today something magical happened.

I didn't need to sleep.

Oh, I was drowsy.  I yawned pretty steadily from about 10:15 to 11:45.  But that was it ... I was able to push though it.   I am so happy I can't see straight.  If I had a tail, it would be wagging non-stop.

Now, I'm not unrealistic.  I realize that I might be spending my lunch back in my car tomorrow.  But hey ... small victories.  We take the win where we can get it.

Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel
Like a room without a roof
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel
Like happiness is the truth
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you know
What happiness is to you
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel
Like that’s what you wanna do

Pharrell Williams - Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment