Sunday, March 02, 2014

Friday 5: What Do You Like?

I am really far behind on the Friday 5.  I missed three weeks in a row ... way to drop the ball, ThirtyWhat!  But I'm feeling both stoned (thanks blood pressure meds!) and productive.  I'm going to get caught up on blogging today, working on my laundry, and watch House of Cards!! 

Sigh ... or  ... sleep. 

That could happen at any time ... I can't lie ... 

The Friday 5 

1. What do you order to drink when you’re at a fast-food restaurant? - Logically, I know the right answer to this should be water ... for many reasons.  To begin with, restaurants charge outrageous amounts for a glass of soda ... the thought being you're getting free refills.  But refills or not, $2.99 is a ridiculous amount to pay for a glass of Coca-Cola when you can buy a two liter for ninety-nine cents.  Besides that ... soda is empty calories.  So why put that on your stomach when you're about to eat a high-calorie meal?  But ... all those well-grounded facts aside ... I get a soda.  The joy comes from what kind of soda you'll be getting.  For instance ... you can only get Strawberry Fanta around here at Rally's.  Their food is shit ... but ... common ... Strawberry Fanta!  I know ... I know ... no one should take this much pleasure out of a glass of carbonated sugar water.  Sigh ... I'm gonna be fat forever.

2. What kind of dressing do you have on your salad when you eat out? - Hahaha ... salad ... that's so cute.   Okay, seriously?   When I eat salad, it generally occurs when a restaurant says two things:  "Your meal comes with a salad ..." and "No, the management doesn't allow substitutions ..."  When that happens, my dressing of choice is ranch.  Before they closed last year, Lone Star Steakhouse had the best ranch dressing in town ... it was one of the few places I actually enjoyed eating a salad.  Olive Garden's house dressing isn't too bad.  As a rule though, ranch dressing is best used in it's intended form ... as a dipping sauce for french fries and anything else battered.

3. What do you like at those self-serve frozen yogurt places? - Oh my gosh ... those little balls of fruit juice?  Boobas?  Bobas?  Maybe?  Holy crap on a cracker ... those things are stupidly awesome.  I love Cherry Berry so much.  Just one more reason I'm looking forward to Spring!

4. How do you like your popcorn? - It depends.  At the movie theater I love that fake buttery oil stuff and a little salt.  At home I use real butter and a little salt.  But if I'm buying pre-made popcorn?  You know that bagged stuff?  I love Smartfood's white cheddar popcorn.  It is the BOMB.  In fact, it's winds up being my breakfast four mornings out of five.  White cheddar popcorn ... it's the breakfast of champions!

5. What kind of shampoo do you use? - I am having an existential crisis over shampoo.  I like pretty smelling shampoos ... like strawberry or lilacs ... but I also like the shampoo that adds body ... but I also like moisturizing shampoo.  At this moment, I have no less than five types of shampoo in my shower.  I use a different one each time ... sometimes two in one shower.  I seriously just need to find one kind of shampoo that is acceptable.  Write in and tell me your favorite kind ... I'm open to trying new brands.  Heck, if I move my soap and razor, I've got space for a few bottles more!

Don’t let haters get me off my grind
Keep my head up, I know I’ll be fine
Keep fighting until I get there
When I’m down and I feel like giving up

Willow Smith - Whip My Hair

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! My name is Cam and I was wondering if you'd be willing to answer a quick question I have about your blog? I can be reached at cvonstjames AT gmail DOT com - Thanks! Hope you're doing well today.

    ReplyDelete