Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I Loved Those Pretzels ...


I went home early today. 

I was sitting at my desk eating a pretzel crisp ... when the pretzel in my mouth became ... I don't know how to describe it.  Goo?   I was chewing goo ... and it was nearly impossible to swallow.  What I swallowed was caught in my throat ... and my stomach was turning over.

I took a drink of ice-cold Cherry Coke ... and it made my stomach lurch.  My favorite drink had turned against me.

I went to the bathroom ... thinking I was about to hurl.  Nothing happened ... but primarily because there were people in the bathroom ... and no matter how nauseous I am, I can't get sick when other people can hear me.  I have issues.

I walked back to my desk ... thinking of one thing ... my bed.  My nice ... big ... bed.  It's not as comfy as New Bed over at Stoney's ... but my bed would do.   I asked my boss if I could go home.  He nicely said, "Hey, do what you have to do ..."   Not exactly a warm response ... but fuck it.

I came home ... and tried to sleep.   I think I managed to doze for maybe 30 minutes ... but all in all, I accomplished nothing.  I've watched a couple old movies ... but ... nada.   I still feel ... iffy?  Not praying to the porcelain god ... but not awesome.

I had such plans for tonight.  I was going to get a pedicure ... make my feet all soft and pretty for this weekend.  I was going to go shopping ... maybe buy some cute pj's?  Nope ... all I have is a half-eaten plate of watermelon and a glass of peach tea.

Today ... is the definition of fail ...

Sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Everything around you's growin' old.
The days drag on, the nights last forever,
Every day's tougher just to keep it together.
Forget everything you've ever known,
Except for home.

Cross Canadian Ragweed - Sick and Tired

No comments:

Post a Comment