Thursday, March 27, 2014

Why Do I Ask?


I've come to expect so little of our friend, J.  I honestly thought there was no situation where he could surprise me at this point.   I was, sadly, wrong.

He's dating ... or should I say seeing ... or should I say talking to ... what ... five women now?   T-Gear ... HHP ... the chick with five kids and a great dane ... the chick from Chatham ... and tonight I find out there's another from Petersburg. 

Tonight he had the unmitigated gall to complain that HHP was "guarded" this time.  I pointed out that he was, in fact, dating several women ... so yeah ... yeah, she should be guarded.  He gave the douchiest of all bro-dude answers to that statement. 

"Yeah, I am.  Trying to learn something through my experiences with each of them."

I'll admit it ... I don't have the capacity to understand this kind of thinking.  What is there to learn?  If you're a good person ... a friendly and kind person ... if you're giving and you're loving ... what is it that you need to learn?

I am with someone ... who is friendly and kind.  Someone who is giving and funny and smart.  Someone who has friends who like him and family who love him.  If we're to believe what J is saying?  To become the good person that he is?   Stoney must've dated a legion of women ... he must've spent every waking moment wooing anyone and everyone with boobs.

I would respect J a thousand percent more if he simply said ... "I'm lonely."  After being married twenty years, I would understand that.  And I would commiserate ... because I'm lonely without her too.   But to craft an excuse that basically says you're using a dating service as a self-help community college ... it's mind boggling.

Honey I know, I know
I know times are changing
It's time we all reach out 4 something new
That means u 2
U say u want a leader
But u can't seem 2 make up your mind
I think u better close it
And let me guide u 2 the purple rain

Prince - Purple Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment