Wednesday, March 05, 2014

A Title Would've Been Nice ...


So, we had a setback today.  I was pretty proud of my two-day "not sleeping in the car" status.  Yes, I'm aware of how tragically pathetic it is to be proud of the fact that I am not sleeping in my car.  But ... pathetic or not ... the important thing to note in that sentence is the tense.  I was proud ... I am proud no longer.

Today, I took my blood pressure medicine about ten o'clock as usual ... and for some bizarre reason, it hit me hard.  I was practically back to day one.  I sat there yawning ... watching the clock ... absolutely miserable.  I knew if I could just make it to twelve thirty, I could go down to my car, crank up the heat, and fall into a hole.  And I did.

Maybe that's why today was such a shitty day? 

It may also be because my team mate is taking Friday and all of next week off.  So the entire document retrieval burden will be on me.   He has to take vacation time ... that's just life.  However, also giving another team member a week's vacation on the same week IS avoidable.  I'm going to need more blood pressure medicine ...

It may also be because my boss has decided to "volunteer me" to help on Take Your Child to Work Day ... despite my vehement protests ... and despite my assuring him I would bring a flask to work that day if required to work with twenty screaming children.

It might also be because J laughed at something today that I found terribly hurtful.  I'm projecting ... I know.  I have issues ...

Maybe it was all those things?   Maybe it was just a bunch of small things that lead to a particularly shitty day.  I'm going to take a hot shower ... and then I'm going to read a book.  TV's already made me cry tonight ... so I think I'm just gonna call it a day.

Turn them on, turn them on
Turn on those sad songs
When all hope is gone
Why don't you tune in and turn them on

Elton John - Sad Songs

No comments:

Post a Comment