Thursday, March 06, 2014

Well, Crap Balls ...


I've been putting off writing tonight in the hopes that something would magically cheer me up.  Nothing has ...

No, I'm not depressed.  Not sad.  Not terribly angry ... although I would say a little irritated.   It's just been one of those days.  Where everything feels a step off ... nothing fits quite like it should.

It's nothing personal ... it's all work related.  The largest chunk of my frustration is knowing that the next week will be an unimaginable hell.   I could be wrong ... people might step in and help pick up the work.   But this isn't a day or two ... it's a week.  And they all have their own work that needs done.   So I'm trying to put myself in the mindset of ... you can only do what you can do.   I'll work as hard as I can work ... and that's the most anyone can expect.  I'm not a miracle worker.

The other burr under my saddle ... my company has chosen a new "theme" for the next quarter.  Or maybe year.  I can't remember.   The whole idea is that all employees are supposed to get healthier.  They are going to hand out pedometers to all of us ... with the idea that we're supposed to log a certain number of steps per day.

Now ... I work in an office setting.  I walk to the bathroom ... I walk to the copier ... I walk to get ice ... and I occasionally walk to the mail room when I'm out of envelopes.  But 95% of every employee's day is spent at their desk.  In fact, we have to spend every possible minute at our desks because we are, generally, very busy.

The cherry on top ... is that my manager told us he had a meeting today that he was asked to name a fitness goal for our team.  Now ... wouldn't you think he would ask us what we were willing to do?  He didn't.  He announced that our goal is this ... we are no longer allowed to use the bathroom on our floor.  We have to use the bathroom downstairs ... and we have to take the stairs to get there.

Sigh ...

It's not like any of this is a bad thing for me.  I need to lose weight.  But like most people, I don't like being told what to do.  And being told, "You aren't allowed to pee in the bathroom that is 25 feet from your desk?"  Is fucking ridiculous.  I'm not exaggerating ... much.  It really is close.  I can hear flushing noises when anyone opens the door.

Ugh.  I've changed my mind ... I think for Lent I should give up pissing at work.  Wonder how much a case of Depends would set me back ...

I used to be such a sweet, sweet thing
'Til they got a hold of me
I'd open doors for little old ladies
I helped the blind to see

Alice Cooper - No More Mr. Nice Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment