Monday, April 14, 2014

It's Not Even Gone ... But I Already Miss It ...


Well ... fuckity fuck fuck fuck.   I put it off until the last possible moment ... but you can only drag your feet so long.

I filed my taxes tonight.  Technically I suppose I could've waited until tomorrow ... but I had visions of my internet going down or my laptop freezing up. I've known I was going to owe since last fall.  And even though I did the paperwork back in January, I held off pushing the button.  I figured the money could sit in my bank just as easily as it could sit in theirs.

But tonight I came home ... fired up the laptop ... and sent everything in.  What I owe to the feds will come out of my checking account ... what I'm getting back from the state will be deposited into the same account.  It wish it was a push ... but it's not even close.

It's nine o'clock ... I still have to e-mail my contractor ... take a shower ... and work on shredding a little of this mail I've accumulated.   I probably should've done those things before the taxes ... because now I just want to go to bed ... and forget that I basically just handed over an entire paycheck to Uncle Sam.

Sigh ... am I independently wealthy yet?  No?  I didn't think so ...

Oh, with you by my side
This world can't keep us down
Together we can make it baby
From the poor side of town

Johnny Rivers - The Poor Side of Town

No comments:

Post a Comment