Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Surprise!


Stoney has a way of surprising me with completely unexpected bursts of happiness.

Hmmm ... I may not have worded that well.  Don't misunderstand me.  I always feel happy around him ... it isn't like him saying something or doing something that makes me happy is an oddity.  It's like he's a magician ... those big relationship steps ... those "moments" ... with him just see to ... appear!  

Like the day he walked out of the kitchen and said, "I have something for you ..." and he opened his hand to reveal a key to his house.  I completely wasn't expecting that ... it was this unexpected jolt of pure happiness ... of "Wow!"  There was the day he said, "Close your eyes, I have something for you ..." and he surprised me with a drawer and closet space.  There was the day he took me shopping for bathroom items and a curling iron and a hairbrush ... all things for me to keep at his house.  The happiest things just ... happen!

Maybe it's not that he's a magician ... maybe I'm just not good at picking up clues?  I totally didn't see that key coming!  In any case ... I'm babbling about all this because ...

Last night, we were each working on a house project.   I was sitting on the couch installing his new cable modem.  He was working on the fish tank.  I easily got the sweet end of that arrangement.  While I pulled out power cords and rearranged cables, he hauled ten gallons of water out of the fish tank, cleaned it, and re-stocked the tank with fresh gravel and water.

When he was done with his project, he sat in his chair, smiling, and casually suggested we have a moving in trial.  Bam!  There it is ... my unexpected jolt of, "Wow!"  Honestly ... I don't think I've stopped smiling since then.

He suggested I come over for several days or even a week.  We would see how weekday mornings go ... see if I can make it a week without saying, "Screw this!" and sleeping in the spare room. 

I'm happy ... I'm intrigued ... I'm nervous.

I've spent quiet a few nights at his house ... but never on a work night.   His alarm goes off at 4:45 ... mine goes off at 7:00 ... and I am nothing if not an Olympic-level sleeper.  But I've thought about this  off and on ... and I think mornings with him will be nice.  I can sleep through a lot ... and with my ear plugs and eye mask, he'll be able to keep his morning routine ... and I'll be comfy in the big, warm bed.   Heck, I could kiss him goodbye in the morning ... and go back to sleep for another hour.

It won't be this week ... he has NFL drafts stuff ... next week I have plans with the girls one night ... so I'm not entirely sure when this will happen.   But we want it to happen ...

That's a big thing, right?

I'm not talking about movin' in
And I don't want to change your life
But there's a warm wind blowin' the stars around
And I'd really love to see you tonight

England Dan and John Ford Coley -
I'd Really Love To See You Tonight

Note:  That question ... "That's a big thing, right?" was me being a terrible smart ass.  Our friend, J asks that about every little thing.   "HHP says she'll call me later, that's a big thing, right?" or "HHP  says she likes talking to me, that's a big thing, right?"   I can't lie ... I was so tempted to text him last night and say, "He wants us to have a move-in test, that's a big thing, right?!"  But since I don't want to share anything with him ... I'm sharing it on my blog instead.  Mazel tov!

No comments:

Post a Comment