Sunday, July 06, 2014

A Relaxing Holiday ...


I have had a great weekend.  It started way back on Thursday ... when I was sitting at work craving garlic bread.  I whined about it to Stoney ... who went to HyVee and got a loaf of fresh garlic bread and fixin's for spaghetti.  Everything was delicious ... I mean, I think it was delicious.  I didn't eat more than a few bites of spaghetti because I was too busy eating my weight in crusty garlic bread.

Friday night I stayed at Stoney's ... because my neighborhood on 4th of July weekend is just slightly this side of insane.  The Honey Boo Boo Clan hangs out in the empty lot next to their house and lights M-80's for approximately 48 hours straight.   Wake up at two a.m.?  Fireworks.  Open the windows at 9 a.m.?  Fireworks.  It's like living next to a live shooting range.

But ... thanks to Stoney, I got to spend the weekend in his cozy home ... in a nice, peaceful neighborhood.  Yes, we heard fireworks but it was the normal 9:30 p.m. background noise that tapered off long before we fell asleep.  This year versus last year is like night and day.

I ended up staying with him from Friday until this afternoon.  A long time, I know.   I didn't want to wear out my welcome ... but I probably would've asked to stay tonight so I could watch True Blood or Leftovers with him ... but I was almost out of clean clothes ... and I was completely out of clean undies.

He's very easy to be around ... he laid down and took a nap while I watched Big Brother and peeled some potatoes ... conversely while I slept in, he was up taking care of things ... cleaning out the fish tank and such.  We watched several movies this weekend ... Lone Survivor, Anchorman 2, And The Band Played On, and Frozen ... some funny ... some serious.

It was a nice weekend ... it really, really was.  My only complaint? 

I'm greedy.  I wish I had one more day ...

Everybody spread the word
We're gonna have a celebration
All across the world
In every nation
It's time for the good times
Forget about the bad times, oh yeah
One day to come together
To release the pressure
We need a holiday

Madonna - Holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment