Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Bed or Bathroom ...



Well, hell.

Yesterday my stomach was doing that groaning/rumbling thing.  I ignored it ... because ... what else are you going to do?   I slept poorly ... tossing and turning ... getting up several times.  But by six a.m., I was up for good.  I took Imodium around seven thirty.  It helped ... and I went to work.

But after an hour, I sat there ... just miserable.  Imodium stops the immediate problem ... but it doesn't stop the cramps and the rolling.   So I hung on until eleven ... and asked if I could go home.

Tomorrow we're throwing an impromptu wedding shower for a co-worker who is getting married on Saturday ... and I am not only responsible for a crock pot full of taco meat but I'm also responsible for picking up a breakfast pizza because my boss dropped the ball.  So what I'm saying?  Unless I am admitted to the hospital tonight, I will be at work tomorrow.

I slept all afternoon.  I didn't even turn my television on until seven o'clock.  I haven't crocheted.  I haven't packed or sorted or organized.  I would feel like a complete failure ... but I have cooked the taco meet ... and I've watched two episodes of Orange is the New Black.

Some days we have to set the bar really low.  And for the record ... I could really  use a juice pouch right about now.


The animals, the animals
Trapped, trapped, trapped 'till the cage is full
The cage is full
The sun is out, the day is new
And everyone is waiting, waiting on you
And you've got time
And you've got time

Regina Spektor - You've Got Time

No comments:

Post a Comment