Sunday, August 10, 2014

You Sunk My Battleship!


What a weekend!  It was relaxing ... but busy.  So busy.  Saturday, Stoney's parents were coming down for a cookout.  So we spent Friday night just doing some light cleaning ... baking some birthday cupcakes since Momma Stoney's birthday is this week ... nothing terribly taxing but still ...

Saturday we woke up ... I ran the vacuum while Stoney prepped the ribs ... I lit a few candles and made the bed while he moved the kitchen table and took out the garbage.  We had a nice lunch and a great visit.  Stoney got them to watch the first episode of Breaking Bad ... and although they claimed to not be fond of it, they texted today and they're already up to episode four.  So ... success!

Saturday night, we cleaned out his pantry.  Well, that's a lie.  HE cleaned out his pantry ... and I basically was just a helper elf.  I moved things here and there ... ran a couple things downstairs ... tried to be helpful and stay out of his way at the same time.

Here's the hitch in my giddiup ...

Last night ... I can't speak for Stoney ... but I didn't sleep good.  I woke up at least four times to go to the bathroom.  I had leg cramps and took some potassium at one point.  Around midnight, I woke up with a terrible headache and took a couple Tylenol.  I was cold so I brought an extra blanket to bed ... and finally at some point in the dead of night, I was so exhausted that after I went to the bathroom, I fell into the guest bed and passed out.  No pillow ... no blanket ... just layed there snoring.

This morning Stoney went shopping while I slept ... then we both went back out after I woke up.   He made butter pecan bread ... which is so damned good ... and I took a nap.

What I'm trying to say is that we moved and moved and moved.  Other than watching a few episodes of Parks and Rec on Netflix last night, it really was a busy weekend.   We did play Battleship this afternoon ... but he beat me ... so ... there's that.  I'm tired ... but my 90 minute nap helped.  Meanwhile, Stoney is completely wiped.

This week is going to be rough ... my co-worker is gone again tomorrow ... and at some point this week, I have to go in for blood work ... and it has to be fasting this time.   Oh, did I mention I have to finish that crochet baby blanket this week?

So ... it was nice to have a couple fun days ... in preparation for a week of drudge.   We worked ... but working isn't so bad when you're with someone you love.


Mr. Jones and me tell each other fairy tales
Stare at the beautiful women
"She's looking at you.
Ah, no, no, she's looking at me."
Smiling in the bright lights
Coming through in stereo
When everybody loves you
You can never be lonely

Counting Crows - Mr. Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment