Friday, November 11, 2016

Close To You ...



So today ... I'm going to get emotional and mushy.   If that's not your thing?  Cool ... see you next post.  If it is, read on, McDuff!

It's my birthday today ... I can't begin to tell you how happy I am ... how lucky I am ... how blessed I am.   I have a mom who loves me and worries about me.   I have three amazing girls who never stop surprising me and making me smile.  I have a family who cares about me and is constantly sending texts and cards and messages.

And then I have Stoney.

Every morning, I wake to him reaching for my hand.  Every night I go to sleep hearing him say, "I love you."  This year hasn't been easy ... I for that I feel bad.  I wish I hadn't wasted so long.  I wish I'd found him years ago and spent that (relatively) healthier time with him. 

But he hasn't stopped holding my hand and telling me it will all be alright.  Through multiple surgeries and appointments and dialysis treatments ... he's the reason I have for fighting.  The reason I have for taking all these stupid pills.  The reason I have for sitting in that chair for four hours, three times a week.  Because I finally found him ... and I want as much time with him as I can possibly squeeze out of this life!

 I love you ... and I can't wait to be your wife.

Why do birds suddenly appear
Every time you are near?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you

The Carpenters - Close To You

 PS - Thank you, Miniature Moose for my warm, beautiful blanket!  I'll be using it tonight at dialysis and thinking of you!   Thank you, Idiot's Anonymous for dinner last night and for the Book of Mormon music and for the DELICIOUS cupcake!   Thank you for the birthday wishes, College One ... have an amazing time in LA ... I'd tell you take pictures but that's like telling a fish to swim!  Love all three of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment