Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"Anti-Resolutions" Version 4.0


Everyone who knows me knows I don't do the whole "New Year's Resolution" thing. And if you don't know ... here are three links that will enlighten you.

2005 Anti-Resolutions
2006 Anti-Resolutions
2007 Anti-Resolutions

But this year, having lost someone so recently ... it's even more important to me that we focus on the positive.

For those of you out of the loop, Anti-Resolutions are the little things that make life worth living. Look around you ... there are amazing things happening daily that we don't notice because the grind of life weighs us down.

So, with that in mind, here are my 2008 "Anti-Resolutions" ...

Little Things That Make My Life Worth Living
In No Particular Order

1. Getting a text message
2. Doodling during staff meetings
3. The smell of my new Christmas hand lotion (it's Gingerbread!)
4. A good Dilbert cartoon
5. A lemon cherry slushy from Sonic
6. Those days when your hair does exactly what you want it to
7. Wearing sunglasses
8. Driving with the top down on the Miata
9. A new "Butter Cream" scented Yankee Candle
10. Posting to my blog

Those are only a few ... but there are hundreds more ... from taking a hot shower and sleeping on fresh sheets ... to that first bite of popcorn you have at the movie theatre ... to feeling our little dog, Maggie, lick me on the nose when I first get home from work.

Now it's your turn ... make yourself a list of things that make your life worth living. And, if you absolutely have to make a resolution ... resolve to fine one good thing that happens to you every day.


There is no future
There is no past
I live this moment as my last
There's only us
There's only this
Forget regret
Or life is yours to miss
No other road
No other way
No day but today

Rent - Another Day